I know what you're thinking...'Becky...YOU? Self-centered? PSHHH...nooo way!'
Cut the crap. You and I know that I am kind of into myself. I might not be THAT into myself because I'm not calling myself, or asking myself out on dates, or marrying myself (anyone?)...but I'm a fan of Becky and I'm not ashamed.
I mean, I have a blog all about myself for chrissakes! (that's how you spell it, right?)It probably won't surprise you then, that I google searched 'Becky' last night. Honestly, it was a mistake. I was trying to google my FULL name...to see...how my public facebook profile looks (oh shutup! like you haven't done it! call me vain if you want...but at least I'm not a hypocrite. unless YOU search for your public facebook profile in which case I'd call you vain...what am I saying?) but I got distracted by something and instead just typed 'Becky'.
The first thing that came up was 'Becky' at www.urbandictionary.com. Let me say, that I LOVE Urban Dictionary. I've learned a lot from that website (like the meaning of 'stacks on deck' ) and have come to respect it. At the same time, I don't think my name really has ANYTHING to do with its content so I was curious what I would find when I clicked the link.
Little did I know what was coming...
Here is a print screened image of what I found (for any of you who are a little more...conservative...get over it!)

Wait a second...Becky is synonymous with what? And what is 'Plies'? I don't get it...
I was talking to Kate on the phone and she did a little research. Plies is the name of a rapper. In case you're not familiar with him, here he is in all his glory:
Nice converse with black laces, right?Apparently, he has a song called 'Becky' which is what the first post at Urban Dictionary refers to. Here's a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKG4EJ6rsQ
Pretty classy, I know.
Oh and here are some highlights of lyrics to the song:
Can Miss Becky please raise her hand, bruh
I need some of that good head right now, bruh
I need that Becky
...
You Miss Becky? Let me know
Licky, Licky, I love that, Bro
...
Obviously, I am horrified. Mostly because I'm writing this at work and if they were to find out...awkward. But also because I feel like I did this to myself. I've ALWAYS wanted to find a song about ME / with the name 'Becky' in it. The closest I had come before this song was released by Plies was 'Baby Got Back' ('Oh my god Becky, look at her butt. It is SO big' etc. etc.). I've told a few people this and they've awkwardly laughed and smiled...
But I NEVER, EVER, EVER wanted this. I don't want people to...you know...and then drop my name like it's hot. My poor, innocent, never hurt ANYONE, name. My name wouldn't hurt a fly! Actually, it might. Flies are REALLY annoying.
I guess it's true what they say...you need to be careful what you wish for because if you're not specific about what you want, and like, hypothetically you say that you want someone to write a song named 'Becky' but you don't clarify what you want the content of said song to be, then some rapper will make a song about BJs and use your name in it... and then...it's all over.
No comments:
Post a Comment