On the other hand, MORE OF YOU. PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE. I wish my google analytics thingy was actually working...because then I'd be able to track YOU and bask and cry in the glory of all of this.In addition to this fame (do I have to wear sunglasses when I go out in public now? And a baseball hat? I look really horrible in hats. REALLY. HORRIBLE.), some other things have been going on that maybe you care about. Whoever you ARE.
1) Work. God, it is really intense at this new job. I know I bla bla'd about my job already, but did I mention all the work I'm doing? It's like...I get there and eat breakfast...and then immediately am DOING things. And, like, not only am I doing things, but in the back of my mind I have a list of things I know I need to be doing but I don't know how to do. Doing stuff isn't bad enough, but I have to anticipate not knowing how to do things that I'll have to a) learn how to do and then b) do? WOW. Did I really sign up for this? Work Work Work...but I think I get my first paycheck this week! HOORAYZ!
2) Football! I watched the whole game by myself on Sunday! And we won! Yes, 'we'! Well, ok. I don't want to lie. I watched almost the whole game. Jamie and Shane came home in the middle and...I got distracted. But then, I was right back on the couch! I was! Debbie will tell you! I don't want to jinx anyone...but I mean...if you were me...and say you'd watched two Jets games...and they'd won both of those games...but before those two games they'd been doing pretty badly...I mean...would you maybe start to think you were lucky...and...I think you get where I'm going here.
3) Margaritas! I need more margaritas in my life! Forget the potential for brain freeze and the hangover that usually ensues the next day. Focus on the good times and the fact that you can say 'ole!' when you pound your empty glass on the table. Actually, if you go to Blockheads like I do, the cups are made of plastic...but I'm just trying to paint a visual image for you. for YOU. ALL OF YOU. GOD HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE?!
4) Dr. Phil. Remember when I used to watch 'Dr. Phil' all the time? And I used to say things like 'Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?'. Yes I did that. It happened. Why would I lie about that? Well, I'm getting back into a little bit. See...they have this special feature on Tuesdays where they're doing a group therapy session with these Housewives...and...none of them know each other...and they have all these random issues...and they're all fighting with each other instead of working on their own issues and...I'm hooked.
5) Work. Sorry. I just can't get over this.
6) CELTIC FEST! Why don't I just move to Bethlehem, already? There's this huge house off Main St. with crazy yellow / green / gold wallpaper (Rebecca and I couldn't decide what it was)...and the rent is pretty cheap...did I mention the ceilings? Anyway, I went down there this past weekend to hang w/ Rebeccakins and the crew and go to the annual Celtic Festival...and it was good times. We wore stickers. We did car bombs. We danced (with high schoolers...don't judge!). We watched 'Daria'. We danced again. We saw men attempt to do the caber toss (they all sucked, didn't they?).

(Please note: beautiful kilt stickers that we're all wearing...I wonder who made those? ahem)
(so much green and plaid!)
(No joke, the band on stage at this time was called 'Enter the Hagis' teehee!)7) Shit my dad says. So, do any of you read 'Shit my dad says' on twitter? Actually, it might be 'Sh*t my dad says'...so I hope I didn't offend any of YOU (who are you?!) with my bad language. Well, if you don't...you should. It's funny. Here: http://shitmydadsays.tumblr.com/
The guy who started that twitter account, also wrote a book...and I'm reading it for book club this month. If you are able to somehow get a copy of this from the library, and you have some spare time, or take public transportation, or want to practice reading, then I would say it's fine. Otherwise, please don't pay $15.99 for it...esp. because there are TWO typos I've noticed already. TWO typos and I'm not even done with the book!
In conclusion, I'm still being awesome. BYE!
3 comments:
And I quoth: "4) Dr. Phil. Remember when I used to watch 'Dr. Phil' all the time? And I used to say things like 'Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?'." USED TO?! You dropped that bomb on me THIS WEEK! Just saying.
Did you read the rest of the part? The whole point is that I AM watching it again!
And I SWEAR I didn't steal "shit my dad says's" (saysszzz?) idea for my blog. LOL! Oh, what the crap. Of course I did. Isn't it a form of flattery? Anyway, pressure is on. I'm putting you on my blog list and peeps be wanting to read your shit now. :) Keep writing!
Post a Comment