Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bringing home baby pt. 24?

HEY! Happiest of Tuesdays to ya (imagine I said that in a Leprechaun voice. Does Leprechaun need to be capitalized?)!

Except, as far as Tuesdays go, this hasn't been super great. Well, I couldn't find my mascara this morning, and I have light eyelashes, and therefore can't really wear eye makeup without wearing mascara. And, I lost my metrocard (sorry to anyone I've actually SPOKEN to today since this seems to be all I'm capable of talking about)...which was an unlimited card and had only been used for 7 days. And, it's raining and you all know how I feel about carrying things / what humidity does to my hair.

But, you know, onward and upward. It's not THAT serious.

You know what is serious, though? A recent bid I made on ebay that resulted in a recent purchase I made through paypal (That is awkwardly still processing...why?)

I feel a little embarrassed bringing it up because I'm not 12, and we've gone through this before. But, it looks like I'm going to be a parent again!

First, I told you guys about my ipod that I got THREE YEARS AGO (omg! SO LONG AGO, right?!). And then I told you about...probably some other things...huh. And then I told you about miphone. OH YEAH...and then there was my facebook baby, Jewish. And my facebook pet, Pampz. Not in that order, but whatever.

But anyway, MOMMY BECKY! YAY!

To what, you might be wondering? An actual baby? NOT IN YOUR LIFE. Well, not that there's anything wrong with babies. In fact, they're kind of adorable. And really smushy. And light weight (read: easy to carry). But, I'm not ready to take care of another human for more than a few hours at a time. I like naps too much and am cheap.

As far as actual pets go, they are forbidden in my apartment / I don't ever want to have to leave happy hour early to go walk something and pick up poop off the ground that doesn't belong to me and isn't the result of a Chipotle burrito.

With that being said, I'm going to become a parent to a Tamagotchi that I DEFINITELY overpaid for on ebay and probably will get bored with in a few weeks. A TAMAGOTCHI. Remember them? Remember 4th grade? It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

I'm looking forward to a portable pet that I can bring out with me, and play with when the people that I'm with are boring me (I'm talking about any of YOU of course. It's all my other friends that are boring. You know, the ones who don't read this).

I'm looking forward to killing an animal without being arrested (too soon? jk?) . I'm looking forward to having another COOL keychain on my house keys! Actually...it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have the tamagotchi on my keychain with my house keys. It could get scratched. I wonder if they sell screen protectors?

In conclusion, I am apparently having a quarter-life crisis that involves: buying virtual pets circa 1997, eating candy for breakfast, taking 5 weeks to read a book, and losing my metro card (Yup. I'm mentioning it again. What are you going to do about it, huh?)

No comments: