Monday, April 28, 2008

Things that make me smile

Hello, everyone!

I know. I've been neglecting you for a little while. I mean not REALLY neglecting...I still know all three of your names, and I still remember...kind of...what you look like. Tallish with brown hair and brown eyes, right? Sort of average looking?

Debbie (see? I mentioned you. So you should have at least read this far) suggested a good blog series to me. A series that will take place all this week...

Things that make me smile.

I'm going to come up with a list for this week, and update every day. So keep posted!

In no particular order, things that make me smile:

1) Smiles. I know that seems obvious, but isn't a smile contagious? I see other people smiling and I can't help myself.
2) Sunshine. If a sunny day isn't nice, then I don't know what is. No seriously, tell me.

3) Presents. I'm a sucker for presents. All the shiny paper, the smiles as people hand boxes/bags over to you, the anticipation of a great surprise, the realization that someone else has spent money on you so you don't have to go and spend more money on yourself after doing too much online shopping and paying for immunizations to go to Honduras. It's great.

4) Popeyes Chicken. I'm a sucker for food. Not necessarily good food, or healthy food, or expensive gourmet food. Salty, cheap, tasty-that's what I'm after. Popeyes is all of those things and more. Not to mention, the atmosphere :)

5) Looking at old photographs. We all know that I have a big ego when it comes to old photographs of myself. I, without a doubt, was one of the cutest and SWEETEST little kids ever. But besides me, moi, myself, moi-meme, I like looking at old pictures of other people too. I try to guess what they were thinking, what it was like outside that day...different little things. It makes me smile to look at old pictures and wonder about things.
***THIS IS THE HUG PILLOW I WAS TELLING SOME OF YOU ABOUT***


6) Warm cookies. Cookies, in general, are amazing. Chewy, sweet with little surprises inside. What's not to like? Warm cookies, though, are even better. It's like being in the womb again. Too far?

7) Soda. I've been craving soda a lot lately. ESP. after lunch. Well, when I can lay my hands on a can of diet coke or sprite zero...it really makes me smile. Especially if I get it for free from work.

8) South Park. I used to watch South Park a lot when I was younger. Apparently in 1998 I was a teenage boy with acne and braces who couldn't get girls. Anyway, I weaned myself off of it for a while but now my love is back.


Awww butters <3 style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; width: 320px;" src="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005T7I2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg" alt="" border="0">10) Listening to the song "I believe in a thing called love". Just listen to the rhythmofmyheartttttt...

11) Driving places with no traffic. I hate traffic.

12) LoL Catz. Can you believe that at Halloween last year I didn't know what an LoL Cat was? I can't either. Time flies when you're having fun.

(This is my computer background right now-hehe)

13) Corny jokes.

14) Giggling. I giggle a lot and I usually smile when I do it. It's fun. I like listening to other people giggle too...it makes me smile.
NOT in a creepy way.

15) Warm summer breezes. I get hot really easily so any relief from the heat is greatly appreciated and makes me smile.

16) The phantom ice cream truck. So, there's a phantom ice cream truck by my apartment that plays its "doo dee doododo daa doo dee dooo" music at 9:40 every night. It's funny.


17) Old people who smile at me. I mean, it'd be rude to not smile back, right? They're so old.

18) Stickers. I love stickers!

19) Smack talk. I apparently find smack talk really funny. Maybe because it's so ridiculous and I can't do it?
(This is more my style)

20) Online shopping with sales. Online shopping is great but if something's on sale? A. MAZ. ING.

No comments: