Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In love with presidents...or something...

To sum up current events: Valentines Shmalentines Day, I normally say. And what's a President, anyway? I usually ask.

But today isn't just any other day, like those holidays . Today is Tuesday, February 17th for Chrissakes! Doesn't that mean anything to you? Me either.

Since today is February 17th, 2009 (a day that will never be repeated...isn't that morbid?), and since I have no other ideas but I haven't blogged for a while, and since Kate suggested this topic I present to you:

A day in the life of Becky: Haikus

Waking up is hard
Shower today? Tomorrow?
Why am I dirty?

What clothes should I wear?
A dress, or possibly pants?
I could go naked


Taking the subway
Who are all of these people?
Reading 'twilight'-yay!


Where are my glittens?
Oh right, I don't own any
A girl can have dreams

Eating my breakfast
Cereal bar and an orange
Coffee would be nice

Facebook stalking now
Look at those pics, those wall posts
I am a big creep


Is it lunch time yet?
Another half hour or more
I might eat myself

What to blog about?
Kate suggests doing haikus
Five-Seven-Five, right?


"Someone just called me?"
I don't know you, weird lady
But now I hate you

Wanting to nap now
Can I crawl under my desk?
No one has to know



Deb came and said 'hi'
We joked, and wasted some time
Now it's four o'clock!

Let's haiku all day
I suggested in G-Chat
This is what Kate said:

"That would be so hard
That's what she said! I went there
Ten minutes, one line



I was mad impressed
Had Kate been hiding her skillz?
Here's what I wrote back:

Kate the english whiz
Becky can barely speak good
Haikus are funny


Now back to my job
Pretend I've been hard at work
Maybe I have been?


Coding checks is lame
Why can't a robot do this?
Oh wait, is that me?


Bye everyone, latez'
It's been fun, messing around
Let's get drinks sometime

2 comments:

Reb Kessel said...

Brilliant! Well done. I mean, good done.

Andrew said...

So "hours" is one syllable and so is "latez'"?

interesting...