NO, not because of President Obama's speech to congress. That was a good speech though. I watched part of it, and re-read the whole speech this morning when I got into work. I wish he had been a little more specific though. HOW are we going to make our teachers better or get the banks to start lending again. Give me and A, B, C Barack! I need specifics!
Wasn't it cute how Barack referenced Michelle in the beginning of the speech? Gosh, those two just melt my heart. Really. And what about Michelle's purple dress?! I LOVED IT! I want to go out and buy one right now! I can wear it the Aretha Franklin hat that I bought after inauguration.
But anyway, that's not what I'm talking about. Yesterday was a special day because it was FREE PANCAKE DAY at Ihop! YES! A free short stack of pancakes at every Ihop in the country. WOW. Jason told us about this a few weeks ago and since then I'd been counting down the minutes until those glorious, buttery, pancakes would be mine...for free!Q: How much are pancakes on FREE pancake day?
A: You're a tard.
Things I like about free pancake day:
1) Virtually FREE. I know, I might have mislead you here. But let me explain. The pancakes WERE technically free. They really were FREE. But then you add in tip, and the side of bacon that I HAD to have and...it ends up costing you $4, not $0. Still, $4 for a dinner in New York is practically nothing...so...I liked that? UM. Moving on...
2) Pancakes. I just really like pancakes! Who doesn't? They're so fluffly and bready and salty but sweet. MMM
Figure A:

Figure B:

3) Strawberry syrup. Strawberry syrup or should I say 'syrup' (I don't know exactly what the ingredients of REAL syrup are, but I'm sure that Ihop doesn't use them. They have big jugs of sludgy looking sugary goop which is what they slosh into the small containers that find their way to your table. That being said, it doesn't matter to me what it is as long as it tastes good. If I didn't eat processed foods with random chemicals in them I'd starve! or at the very least, die!) is my favorite. It's all red and smells sugary and good. Where else can you get it besides Ihop? No really, please tell me. I have some free time after work tomorrow so maybe I can go pick some up.
4) Excuse to eat butter, practically plain. I really like butter and I joke sometimes that I would eat it plain. 'Oh haha', I chuckle. 'That butter looks so good I'm about to shove it in my mouth right now!'. Of course I would never do that. But, at Ihop, incase you don't remember (I would say 'or incase you haven't been there but who hasn't been to Ihop?), they just a big scoop of butter right on top of the pancakes for you. You can eat the butter, PRACTICALLY plain, under the guise of melting it into your pancakes. 'Oh no. I'm not EATING that butter plain. Gross! Who does that. I'm just melting it into my pancakes. What's that? It's not melted into the pancakes yet and I'm still eating it?...' It's like they knew I was coming...
5) Time with friends. Awkward that this is number five on the list, eh? But, I got to spend time with Debbie and Jason and other Jason (you can decide who other Jason is) while we were waiting in line for over an hour (Oh yeah. Let me tell you about it. We got to Ihop. Jason put our names in and 'The guy' told us it would be 30-40 minutes. OK, so no one's ever HAPPY about having to wait in line at Ihop but you know, things like this happen on FREE PANCAKE DAY! So we waited, and 40 minutes in Jason went to the 'the guy' and asked him how much longer it would be. 'The guy' said it would be an hour. AN HOUR?! We'd already been waiting 40 minutes! We looked around the restaurant and noticed that more than half of the tables were empty. Why were these tables empty?! People kept coming into Ihop, but no one was coming out. Was this a kind of horror movie? Oh, you might go into Ihop but you'll NEVER COME OUT. We asked 'The guy' what the hold up was and he said something about how there wasn't a waitress for empty tables so he couldn't seat anyone. BOB LOBLAW, I said! That's bullshit. Eventually, after an hour and ten minutes or so we were seated. YESSSS) and then at our booth so that was fun. We laughed, we commented about how ridiculous this whole thing was, we made fun of people who claimed to be on food stamps. We'll always have the memories...*sigh*
6) Blog topic. Look, the haikus and limericks couldn't last forever...
2 comments:
I really feel like you didn't do the scene at ihop justice! Paint me a picture becky, come on!
bob loblaw's law blog
BDE!!!!!!!!
(best day ever)
Post a Comment