Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things that have blown my mind lately

Hello, Hello. What a glorious morning on this the 9th day of February 2010. A slight chill in the air. A slight chill in my office (when are we ever going to get this heating figured out, huh?). A slight chill in my heart (not really, but I thought it would sound dramatic). And yet...the sun shines. It's all going to be alright! You hear that, everyone? It's going to be alright!

*Imakenopromisesofthissopleasedon'tsuemeorholdmetoanything,capiche?!*


I want to share some things with you, now. Imagine that. Me sharing things. You reading. It's like our relationship is being redefined. @ . Anyway...

1) Pickle & Cheese Tasting/Pairing Class. Debbie treated me to a tasting class at Whole Foods for my Birthday. I had high hopes for the event. I love pickles. I love cheese. (Who doesn't, right? Actually, if you don't...why don't you do us all a favor and just navigate away from this page? We don't want your kind here. Oh don't worry. I'll wait. I have all day...) Separately they're great, but what about when these entities are brought together? How do they fare? EVEN BETTER. One combo of cheese + pickle -- > soy sauce taste in my mouth! WHOA! IT BLEW MY MIND! It also blew my mind how these three women in the front row kept asking questions like they were in a private tasting class but...I digress.


2) Spa Castle. OH. MY. GOD. I went a few weeks ago w/ C8lin and Brooke. What a day. I don't really want to go into too much detail but here are some key words that come to mind when I think back on that glorious day: Asian. Uniforms. Watches. Nudity. Fro Yo. Massage. Sex?. Confusion. Joy. Funny. Sauna. Gold. Gemstones. Infrared. Children. Communism. Pools. Fancy. Views. Couches.

For more details please visit c8lin/kel-c's blog: http://starsquigglystar.blogspot.com/2010/02/spa-castleinspa-worldheaven.html

Suffice it to say, that my MIND WAS BLOWN.

3) NINJA SUSHI. My friend Kelsy decided to leave NYC (BOO. HISS. I know, I know) and had a going away dinner last Friday night. The venue for this soiree was Ninja New York in the financial district. MY GOD. You guys know I like Ninjas and Pirates, right? Well...IMAGINE A NINJA THEMED RESTAURANT...W/ NINJA WAITERS...and MAGIC TRICKS! It was, as they say, 'Basically Epic'. The company wasn't so bad, either ;) And let's not forget the Lady Gaga sing-along. Sigh.

(Type Lady + Gaga + Ninja into Google Image Search and this is what you'll get)

4) TRADER JOES (in Queens)! We've oft talked about visiting the elusive Trader Joes in Queens. Coordinating our schedules proved to be a bit difficult but finally we made the journey this Sunday. First, I couldn't find my car keys so Josh had to drive. Second, we went the wrong way on the way from Mara's apartment to Debbie's apartment. Third, we drove too far on the BQE and missed the exit for the Grand Central Parkway. Fourth, we arrived. WHAT A MECCA! This Trader Joes in Queens was worth the wait and the drive. The aisles can fit three full shopping carts across (one cart on the left, one cart on the right, one cart passing between the two) and are fully stocked. There are cheap packaged salads...They have challah bread...There's cheap beer. The lines are manageable and don't extend throughout all the aisles of the store (Trader Joes in Union Square you know what I'm talking about. Don't even play innocent with me right now. Don't. Even. !!!!). I bought $70 worth of groceries and you know what? I don't regret a penny of it

5) A *NEW*ish song from Acceptance--'Desperate'. This doesn't matter to any of you I don't think...but F U SUCKAZ! I'M WRITIN' THIS BLOG, YO! I PUT UP WHAT I WANTZZZ 2. Anyway, Acceptance is one of my favorite bands...except they broke up. Like...4 years ago. I found out that they put up an unreleased demo on their myspace in November (yes...it was put upt in November and I'm JUST hearing about it. SUE ME! Actually, no don't sue me. That's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make...anyone?) and I've been listening to it non-stop for the past week. Oh Jason Vena...your voice heals me! An unreleased demo 4 years after a band breaks up...that BLOWS MY MIND.

(Those are song lyrics...the first two parts...not the part in parentheses. parenthesis? BAH!)

6) Edamame Hummus. This could probably go under the 'Trader Joes' section but I don't want to put it there. TAKE THAT WORLD! PFT PFT PFT. Anyway, it's just ground soy beans...and it's vegan...but it tastes so creamy. How do they do that? STOP MESSING w/ me Joe! It's not right!

BYE!

2 comments:

Reb Kessel said...

What an amazing entry! Thought-provoking, original, just what the world has come to expect from Becky. Keep up the good work!

JBK said...

pickle and cheese sounds gross