And the seasons, they go round and round. And the painted ponies go up and down...we're captive on a carousel of time.
Anyone?
I hope you all had nice weekends. Not NICER weekends than the nice weekend I had, though. That wouldn't be nice at all! If you had a NICER weekend than me I'd just be sitting around thinking about all the MORE fun you had than me.

That being said, I did something very fun this weekend. I went to see STARS. ON. ICE with Debbie. If you recall, I used to / still am a big fan of Michelle Kwan (RIP...where are you, girl?!) and in my prime (read: around the age of 11 or 12) I was all up in ice-skating world. I knew who was who. I knew the latest jumps. I knew who had placed in the US Championships and in the World Championships. I knew who the Olympic hopefuls were and what their latest costumes looked like. And I was really cool, too.
Now, I'm still really cool, but not so much 'in the know' as I used to be. I don't know all the skaters are, anymore. I don't know who can do a quad jump. I don't know who can do ANYTHING! But, I still really like ice skating.
That being said (notice that I did that twice? GOTCHA!), I did watch the Olympics this year...and I did love Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir...and so did Debbie...and how many more ellipses can I have in one little paragraph...and so I decided that for Debbie's birthday (which is tomorrow-HEY HEY!) we would go see STARS. ON. ICE. togetherI was pumped and Debbie was, too. We gchatted about it. We talked about it. We texted about it. We were ready to go. Little did we know how AWESOME our night would be.
Things I liked about Stars On Ice:1) The name. It just SOUNDS funny, doesn't it? STARS. ON. ICE. !!! I like stars, and I like ice...actually...no I don't. I hate ice. I am afraid of slipping on it. Well, I do like 'stars' anyway...is this making sense at all?
2) Debbie! Debbie's pretty cool. And pretty. And cool. We have fun when we hang out together. Therefore, I was glad to be able to spend some quality time with her at STARS. ON. ICE.3) Laughing. From 6:00-10:30 pm on Saturday night, I probably laughed as much as I did from Monday-Saturday at 6:00 pm combined. I love laughing! It burns calories. It makes my nostrils flair. It makes me feel better than YOU. I think to myself 'Look at all these people HAHAHAHA not laughing HAHAHAHA I am so much funnier than them HAHAHAHA and I'm having more fun HAHAHAHAH than them which must HAHAH mean that HA I am better HAHAHA'
If you're wondering, yes we did STOP laughing at 10:30 pm. ;)
4) Sparkles. OH MY GODDD. I love shiny things. So much. If you dangled a sparkle on a string from a stick...I might be compelled to chase that stick. And by 'might be compelled' I mean that I would tear you to pieces to get the sparkle from you. Not that I have anger issues or anything....uhAnyway, the skaters were wearing a lot of sparkly things. Sparkly dresses. Sparkly pants. Sparkly shirts. It was awesome!
5) Music. Mostly in an ironic way...I think. I still don't exactly know how to use 'ironic' correctly...is that ironic? Someone performed to Elton John...someone else performed to Barbara Streisand...and let's not forget Evan Lysacek's 2 second performance to Michael Jackson's 'Man In The Mirror'. Wow Evan. Thank you SO much for gracing us with your presence! Actually, can you get off the ice now? I really want to see Yuka Sato perform again (WHO is she?)
6) The crowd. WOW. This kind of relates to 'laughing'...There were old people. There were more old people. There were 12 year olds who REALLY liked screeching. There were babies (weird to bring a baby to something like that, right?) There were families. And then there was me and Debbie (read: hot, young babes). We didn't exactly fit in...
7) The ice skating. Oh sure, it wasn't all laughing and music and sparkles. There was some darn tootin' ice skating going on on Saturday night. There were triple axles (I think...Scott Hamilton wasn't there to tell us what was what) and some toe loops sprinkled in. There were jazz hands. There were HUGE grins. I enjoyed it.8) Dinner. MMM. Debbie got us a delicious Italian sub from this sandwich place in Astoria. we HOUSED it for din-din as if we had never eaten before. I could kind of go for one of those now. HM...anyone feel like getting me one? I could probably make it worth your while ;)
9) Crafts. I made basically the COOLEST sign ever for the event...mostly for Debbie's amusement...but whatevs. Any opportunity for me to be crafty is a good time in my book (No I'm not really writing a 'book'. Do you have to take everything literally? ugh)

and lastly
10) Celebrities. Did I mention that Yuka Sato was there? (Who?). Also, EVAN LYSACEK and Sasha Cohen (I kind of hate her because at one time she skated against Michelle Kwan...but temporarily...because I didn't know who anyone else really was...I rooted for her) and TODD ELDRIDGE (remember THAT guy? wow. he is almost 40!). I will take every chance I can to meet / see a celebrity in person (even if that chance involves driving to Jerz on Saturday night).
In short, Debbie and I will be returning to STARS. ON. ICE. !!!! in 2011. Who's with us?
(If you don't laugh when you're looking at this picture then you might not have a soul...)
1 comment:
I can't believe you didn't mention the many back flips or that girl that feel twice whose name I don't think I even knew. I think maybe a stars on ice part 2 entry is in order.
Post a Comment