Thursday, December 23, 2010

A new oasis (in the big city?)

Well, it was just another Tuesday. Yesterday. You know, when it was Tuesday. I had made plans with Laura to hit up happy hour but one question remained: where?


There are so many bars in Manhattan, aren't there? Not to mention the approximately 2320569594 dive bars in Queens.

But then I remembered a conversation I had with...uh...someone (really not sure who. I'm not trying to pique your interest by lying or trying to hide evidence of a conversation I had with a particular person) about this bar in midtown that has cheep burgers, beers and shots. I researched and found out this place was called 1 2 3 burgers shots beer.

Wait, what?

BURGERS + CHEAP SHOTS + BEER ALL IN ONE PLACE. This sounded too good to be true.


Flash forward to this Tuesday (which was now, two days ago…as I admittedly had work to do yesterday and today and was out last night…so didn’t get to finish this…though I did accidentally post it as a few people pointed out to me) when I remembered that conversation with whoever it was.

I suggested to Laura, who is pretty easygoing by nature, that we go to ‘You know, that Beer, Shot, Burger bar’ and sent her a link. She was in.

We both got off work early and were able to meet up around 5:15. Well, in case you’re wondering, this place was about as good as I had thought it would be.

To be fair, the burgers were sliders and you had to order at least three of them…but the shots were tasty (I got a ‘sex and the city’ shot, and…a ‘jolly rancher’ shot)…and then, I mean, beer is beer…unless you rufie it in which case you’re dealing with a whole different beast.

To be fair, again, it was your typical dive / sports bar…moderately crowded…and with a decent soundtrack playing.


And then, these guys asked us to play beer pong with them. I landed one ball in two games (that’s what she said). But I did get kind of drunk and I did NOT have to pay for any of the beer during beer pong so I would call it successful.

In conclusion, you should all really go to the bar. And if you go, invite me!

It’s good to know that I have another bar I can go to and get drunk at for a moderate price.

Not that I drink OK. This is all hypothetical.

No comments: