Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Things I like about friends

I have some really great friends. No really, I do. In fact, they're probably a lot cooler and a lot better and a lot more smarter then your friends. See how I said 'a lot more smarter' and 'then' instead of 'than'? So clever am I.

"So too are you wise, young Skywalker"-says Yoda.


Anyway, I really like my friends. I've written about some of them in here. But what about the friends that I haven't written about? Don't they matter too?!

Eh.

I mean, 'YES! YES THEY DO!"

So here's to you, friends!

Things I like about friends

1) They come in all shapes and sizes. I like variety. Variety is the spice of life, they say. So it's great that friends, in particular MY friends , are all different. They come from lands filled with mountains, or vast desert countries. They wear glasses or don't have eyes at all. Some are tall, some are short. Some are funny, some are quiet. All of my friends are different and special. Like snowflakes...
You dig? I do!

2) They're caring. I'm a very caring person. I like to draw people pictures and I offer sick people Vitamin C. Actually, I kind of offer anyone who stops by my desk Vitamin C. I'm a bit of a pusher...
Anyway, enough about me. I care a lot about people. So, I like that friends, or in particular MY friends, are caring also. They ask me how my day is going, they remember my birthday and stories that I've told them before. It means a lot to me.

3) They're funny. I think everyone knows by now that I love humor. I might not be funny...in fact, I'm probably not. But that doesn't lessen my love of funny things. Well, my friends are funny. We giggle a lot. We talk about things that don't matter and remember crazy things that have happened to us (like that time, guys, when we were leaving TDR and hot, STATUE Peter was in front of us! And he totally heard us talking about him!! Or, the time when someone cradled a bottle of Malibu like a baby. Or when I tried to clean up spilled alcohol with a hair brush!!). It's fun and they're funny and I love them!

4) They're on 7 days, every week, on pretty much every network.
Oh wait...
wrong 'Friends'.
You knew that was coming. Don't even roll your eyes. I said DON'T as in DO NOT.
Gosh!

I hope I don't get sued for using this picture. Just don't say anything...

5) They entertain me. Sometimes, I watch feathers float by and it entertains me (mostly when I'm outside, in my nikes, with my briefcase and my chocolates-mmm). Other times, I listen to music and it makes the minutes go by a little faster. Or, I read to keep myself amused (note-I don't really read. I just like to say that I do because I think it makes me seem smart).

But, sometimes, and other times, those things aren't enough. That's where my friends come in. Sharing stories or jokes with me. Spinning me around on the dance floor. Pounding shots at the bar (after I turned 21 of course!) with me. They're so good at entertaining me, and more importantly, sharing in fun moments with me :D

6) They teach me things. Yeah...I like learning. I mean, up until last summer, I was pretty much in school all the time. Going to classes, lugging books back and forth from the library to my apartment, making flash cards etc. Well, more than learning from books or powerpoint slides, I like learning from people. And, as it just so happens, I happen to know a really lot of smart people. I might even call these smart people my 'friends'. I like that these 'friends' that I have are smart and are able to teach me things. Their life lessons on drinking and doodling and baseball and office gossip and grammar (yeah not friends with that kid anymore...hence the lack of commas in this sentence) have made me a better person. Which in turn has made me a better friend to them. See? You thought it was all about me. Well, you're benefiting too!



7) They share with me. Like how that one time Erin let me use her cheddar cheese for my mini pita pizza at lunch. Or how that other time, Michelle let me come to Ecuador and stay with her family and drink her DELICIOUS chocolate milk. Or that other time how Alex lent me a nail file in AP Statistics class. Or how that other time [your name] lent me/gave me/let me borrow [insert item name]. That was so nice of [your name]! Thanks so much for being my friend.

But in all seriousness,
No seriously,
I have some of the best friends in the entire world. I'm glad to know all of you.

"Maybe mistakes are what make our fate... without them what would shape our lives? Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies, or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away”
--Sex And The City

I realize some of you probably think that quote's lame. But it just made my heart grow 2.3x, and my ovaries burst with happiness. So, get over it.

LYLAS!

2 comments:

Erin Elan said...

if your ovaries are bursting, then how will little jewish have a brother or sister?

Deb said...

Jewish could use a brother or sister, it might make her less of a b.i.t.c.h.

I won't be offended that I wasn't used as an example in this blog entry, I guess since I have not been writing in my blog I have out lived my usefulness.