I'm starting a second entry for today! Though to be realistic, I probably won't get to publish it until tomorrow. I guess you'll just have to wait...
Or not since this will be saved as a draft and no one will know it's being written until it's already published. Oh the wonders of blogger.com!
Anyway, it's been a pretty good couple of days. I went home to S-Town for the weekend and had some family/friend quality time. I went to a Mets game (great seats!) and had panera afterwards. Their broccoli cheddar soup is to DIE for! And let's not forget about that ferret documentary...what the shiz?!

But I think I'm getting ahead of myself.
Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. When you read you being with A, B, C when you blog you begin with...a title.

Things that have blown my mind in the past few days:
1) Driving home on Friday I saw 7 rainbows. I love rainbows and I pretty much always have. The mystery, the arch-i-ness of them, the ROY G. BV color order...what's not to love? Well, when I was driving home to S-Town on Friday it was sun showering and before I knew it: BAM! I was driving under a huge rainbow. I smiled to myself and thought about how I was the luckiest girl in the world!
A few minutes passed and then...DAMN GIRL! Another rainbow...this one was slightly smaller but a presence nevertheless. A few minutes later and...ANOTHER RAINBOW! I think you get the point. In a almost 2 hour drive I saw 7 rainbows...(and one of them was really close to the ground so I drove through it!)
My mom says I'm going to be very lucky soon! This was confirmed when I had chinese food with Josh and my fortune cookie told me that I would 'pleasantly surprised very soon'. HMMMM.
2) The Olympic Opening Ceremony. Or is it ceremonies? Anyway, it was amazing. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Awesome. Some other generic thing. But really, it was. The drum countdown at the beginning-who thinks of that?! The giant LED screen that unfolded on the ground-how did they make that? The ink pads that athletes walked over to paint in that BIG mural-y thing. You know what I'm talking about right? THE BIG mural?! I mean, there was only one! The lighting up the torch on top of the stadium...WOW! And let's not forget all the fireworks too!

3) Crazy Ferret documentary. After Josh and I went to the Mets game we had some down time before we went to Panera (mmmm). We decided to go back to my apartment and chillax as some might say. I was nervous that I might be tempted to watch some of the episodes of 'Project Runway' and 'Shear Genius' that Jamie had recorded for us...luckily I wasn't when Josh and I flipped to 'The Pursuit of Excellence' on PBS. http://www.pbs.org/previews/pursuitofexcellence/
Where to even begin?

A documentary about people who LOVE ferrets. Kind of like 'Best in Show' but for realzies. You just can't write this stuff! There was a lady who wrote a song to her ferret ("ferret oh ferret, gatherer of stuffffff. ferret oh ferret, when will you get enough?"), another woman who buried her ferret in a shoe box that said "Thank you for your purchase!" in her backyard, another man with a black shirt that said "Got ferrets?" on it, another person who dressed her ferret up as a hula dancer. I mean...wow. WOW.
Anyway, I recomend it to EVERYONE. It changed my life (not sure if in a good way or bad way...) and Jamie and Shane, who joined us halfway through, loved it too!I've been saying that pins are back in...would you wear this?

I would!
1 comment:
Hehehehe...I can't stop giggling at that picture of the ferret with the bunny ears. Hehehehehe. Amazing.
Hey, Becky, YOU blow my mind!
Post a Comment