I came up with a fun blog idea about a month ago. What if, while I was bored at my desk at work, I drew some pictures , and then uploaded them to my blog? Since I am at my desk most of the day, Monday-Friday, and since I am so interesting, people, I reasoned, might be curious about my life experiences. In particular, people, I reasoned, might be curious about my WORK experiences. You all know what I do for funzies, but about what workzies?
I've shared my favorite TV shows with you and let you know why I like the things that I...like. I've filled you in on my busy weekends and vacations. But these are just words. And, these are just words that describe a certain portion of my life. I'm a working girl, and so far you only seem to know about the 'girl' part of me. What about the 'working' part? Furthermore, I thought, some of you might be visual learners. So what if instead of TELLING you, I SHOWED you what I'm seeing?
So, I drew and drew and drew and drew and drew. Then I kind of stopped for a few weeks and then I drew some more. Here are the some of the results.
'A day in the life' drawings, pt. 1:
Where the magic happens, they say

A care bear figurine I tried to draw. Debbie gave it to me. In person it looks much less like an old man who hangs out at parks to try and abduct kids. I swear

A carebear star that I drew to accompany the creepy care bear man

Isn't work just so much better with a can of DIET COKE TM?

A drawing of the file organizers that sit on my desk.

A drawing of the bottom of my computer monitor, complete with G-Chat boxes.
MORE tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment