Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How Josh is like a pirate

Let's face it, I'm a bit of a publicity whore. I will appease anyone/pretty much do anything to get people to read my blog. Well, that's not exactly true. I actually don't do anything to make sure that people read this, except for tell them about it, e-mail them links to the profiles, print out copies of the blog entries to hand out to people on the street, put the link to the blog up in my gmail status, and advertise my blog link on highway billboards.

To be fair, you don't need to move to do any of that so are they really 'actions'?

Anyway, I was talking to my brother Josh yesterday and somehow the topic of pirates came up. OK, fine. I'll be honest for once...the topic came up because I'm obsessed with pirates. I could find a way to work them into any conversation. Are you happy now? I'm exposed and naked for the world to see!



Josh said he thought he was similar to a pirate, and I asked how. He gave me reasons, and then told me that if I didn't make this a blog entry he would never read my blog again and he would tell everyone else not to read it either and he'd hack into blogger and delete it and then...um...other bad things. *sob* Why am I such a bad liar?

How Josh is like a pirate

1) He's probably stolen something before. OK Josh, let's be real...'probably' stolen? I'm sure you KNOW you've stolen something before. I'm not trying to say that you're a klepto or anything, but stealing just happens sometimes. You walk into Saks Fifth Avenue, you try on a $500 gown and you walk out with it on...without even realizing? anyone?

2) He's sailed the seven seas. UM...I don't know if that's true. Let's think about Josh for a second...so he's flown over the Atlantic Ocean, been by the Pacific Ocean, cruised in the Caribbean...but that's a sea, right?

3) He likes rum. I've had some cuba libres with Josh over the years (that's a rum and coke, duh!), and as far as I can tell he's enjoyed them.


4) He likes treasure. Who doesn't? I mean....Josh has a particularly unique taste for rubies and gold coins and pearls and emerald rings. You know, it runs in the family.


In short, my brother is a pirate which makes ME a pirate by association. What more could I ask for?

No comments: