Friday, May 14, 2010

Recommended for me by YouTube

I have a bit of a pet peeve that seems to be coming up more and more...

What's this pet peeve, you ask? (p.s. if your pet peeve is people asking rhetorical questions you should probably just navigate away from this page)

People thinking they know me. Look. I do repeat myself a lot. I know I do repeat myself. And I say the same things over and over again. Fine. Aren't you special? You noticed something really obvious. Why don't you go outside and remark on the weather and then give yourself a pat on the back?

Look, none of you know me THAT well. You might know me pretty well...but you don't know me THAT well. I don't know what 'THAT' means but the capital letters make me feel important.

Today, I signed into youtube (you might have noticed that a previous entry in here had not one but TWO videos...where do you think I got those SOBs?), and I noticed this:

(Double click on the picture to make it bigger)

OK YOUTUBE. WHAT THE F.

On one hand I am mad that you're presuming to know what I like...I am AN ONION. I have layers! I'm more complex than all of that.

On the other hand, I'm embarassed that you're so dead on.
#1 suggestion: Hello Kitty cartoon?!?! My heart started racing because I was SO excited when I saw that!

#3 suggestion: That Michael Buble song I hear on the radio and secretly love!

#7 suggestion: Some video named after an alcohol drink?! swoon swoon swoon

#8 suggestion: A song about a topical issue by a band that I mildly like...wow. Get outside of my head please.

In conclusion, I guess I can remain neutral about this whole experience. There were highs. There were lows. Now if you could please excuse me while I go to watch that Hello Kitty cartoon...

1 comment:

Dave Smith said...

haha

Google analytics you'd better register my viewership. I'm even leaving a comment!!1!