Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My rock star demands (and Kate's)

Hello Hello. Jolly Good Wednesday, isn't it?

No? Yeah, me either. BLAH. IT IS NOT EVEN 4:00 YET! Do you have any fun plans for tonight? Yeah, I'm going to kind of lay low. I want to go pick up some Gogol Bordello concert tickets, and then I'll probably just head home, make some dinner, catch up on some TV ('gossip girl', 'intervention', 'top chef'---it's actually NEW this week I think!), go to bed. YUP! It's pretty exciting.

Oh I might read, too. Did I mention that?

Yeah I'm in this book club in Queens. We read books and then discuss them. And eat. Oh we eat a lot. Usually a main course, salad, a few side dishes, cookies. Last time there was beer too.


Anyway, Rebecca sent me an article today about outrageous demands that some Hip Hop artists have for their concert dressing rooms. If you want to read the article here's a link to it:

http://www.11points.com/Music/11_Most_Ridiculous_Concert_Demands_By_Hip-Hop_Artists

I found this article highly amusing (as I'm sure you will too). I mean, GOD. How ridiculous can you be? A box of condoms? For what? Finger puppets? I mean no one should be using that many condoms in one night, right? Unless you're a minute man or something...uh...anyway. I sent the article to Kate and she and I got to talking about what OUR demands would be if we were rock stars. Kate actually shared her list first, but this is MY blog so I'll list my demands followed by hers.

My rock star demands. DEMANDS!
1) Box of kittens. To keep me company and be adorable. They need to be potty-trained though. EW!


2) Skittles. Separated by color because sometimes you're in the mood for yellow, but sometimes you're not.

3) Skirt Steak. MMM


4) A tempur-pedic mattress + canopy bed + jersey knit sheets (on the bed...which would obviously already be made up for me).

5) A pair of yoga pants + big, soft, cotton t-shirt.

6) Rock band (set up for me). This rock band would have to include ALL the instruments.


7) Water + Vodka + Tonic (A gallon of each...not because I would drink that much but because all of the hip hop artists on the list seemed to want gallons of things...and if they can have gallons of things then I can have gallons of things too!)

I finished my list up with these items. Kate told me I wasn't being demanding enough. I agreed. So I added:

8) Naked Ryan Gosling. Do I need to explain this? and

9) A diamond ring. I would demand that each city provide me with a different diamond ring in my dressing room. The diamond ring would have to be at least 1.5 CTW (carat total weight, duh!) and be cast in white gold.



Kate's rock star demands. DEMANDS!!

1) A tiara (made of metal...NOT of fake plastic)


2) A blanket made of faux mink (just because she's demanding doesn't mean she's not ethical)

3) Slippers w/ various animal heads on the toes. Various slippers w/ various animals heads = A nice selection.

4) Gallon of Baileys.

5) A trampoline (can you dig?!)

6) A masseur who speaks little English but knows how to ask her if she wants a happy ending (tee hee)

And they lived happily ever after...


What are your rock star demands? Feel free to leave a comment w/ them. I won't read it because I'll be too busy playing w/ my naked Ryan Gosling....but you can still leave it for someone else to read? maybe?

6 comments:

Reb Kessel said...

Since I think it's ridiculous that no one has made a comment, listing their own demands, I am leaving a comment about them not leaving comments.

Reb Kessel said...

Oh, and I thought of another one: a jacuzzi and lavender smelling bubble bath for it.

Reb Kessel said...

And another one: if Diddy can get a guy who just holds his umbrellas, I want a foot care specialist (ie someone whose job it is to rub my feets)

Reb Kessel said...

And I want a segue with the letters GOB on it

Deb said...

um, darling becky, you are being demanding! you don't ask for white gold, you ask for platinum! COME ON!

As for my demands:
I am raising you rock band and demanding beatles rock band. plus one of the beatles to play with me.

a selection of local beers, on tap.

foie gras prepared in a creamy and delicious way.

3 new pairs of the latest pumas.

a case of various yogi teas

a selection of aritisinal cheeses (local preferable and hopefully they would pair nicely with the beer)with proper accouterments - jams, olives, etc.

Massage chair and foot massage machine

52 inch flat screen tv, with dvd player

all 5 season of the wire on dvd, the first 5 seasons of the west wing and all 3 seasons of arrested development

okay, I could probably be here forever, but I am cutting myself off now. demanding enough?

Deb said...

oops I meant the first 4 seasons of the west wing, I don't like season 5.