Thursday, July 10, 2008

Things that have made me happy today

Sometimes I get really frustrated. Like, REALLY frustrated. Not just in a Charlie Brown kind of 'good grief Lucy is a stupid skank and needs to STOP offering to hold the football for me if she's just going to lift it up and make me fall on my face/back-->/potentially be paralyzed' kind of way. Frustrated in an existential, I <3 Huckabees/don't know what I'm doing with my life and when will I ever know what I'm doing with my life kind of way.

It's the downz.

When I get frustrated, it's hard for me to concentrate. I find myself being drawn to facebook and to THIS very blog. I find myself wanting to call every single person in my cell phone...even my personal defense professor from freshman year of college (he said we should keep his number in our phones incase we ever find ourselves in dangerous situations and need guidance, cool/weird right?). When that passes, and I see outside of my angst, and my frustration....I try to think about this:
Things that have made me happy today (so I don't feel too bad and become a DEBBIE Downer. No one likes that, now do they?)

1) Waking up with my fan on. It is SO nice waking up and not being hot. I mean, nothing changed from Tuesday night to last night. It was still hot, and I was using my same fan (<3 vornado <3), but something was extra special this morning so I woke up feeling fine.
2) Reading 'Exodus' on the subway to work. What a good book...so far.
3) Having free iced coffee at work. So, it's kind of complicated to make and involves a series of cup and spilled ice cubes and odd looks from people as I walk around the building with containers filled with ice But it's free and delicious and the Jew in me can't resist.


BAM! Take that Jews!

4) Talking to my friends in gchat. Some of my friends are really funny and amusing. Some of them also give me free things, and compliment me and are HOT. Yay for friends!



5) So, we sort of got an air conditioner for my apartment. It's not working (yet)...so as of right now it's not something that made me happy today. Instead, the manual for the AC has made me happy. IT has little diagrams of outlets (telling you different kinds of power cords you might need to plug the AC in) and I'm telling you THEY LOOK LIKE FACES! Hehehe, it's really funny and in the midst of work being lame has made me pretty happy.


6) M&Ms. Yes, one of the organizations that works in my building gives out FREE M&Ms. These make me happy.


7) My dress came! I got the CUTEST dress online. Check it out:
http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_ensemble.aspx?effort=1N&style_id=28737144&ifn=S0798030_BT07_045&associated=1&index=10&gp_coll_id=9&gp_cat_id=1649&nav_cat_id=9515&category_id=9518&gp_fashcoll_id=11
(ok, I tried to find a picture of it from the website but it wouldn't let me copy the image of the dress...LAME!)

Well, it arrived today and I'm VERY happy about it!

8) I'm going to see Wall-E. I hear GREAT things!

1 comment:

Jason said...

So what did you think of Wall-E