Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not shopping, day 3 or is it day 37...?

Well, it is kind of hard not shopping on the weekends! I mean, today I could have walked up Steinway and bought myself all kinds of things. Or I could have gone with Jamie and Shane to Target and gotten a new shirt or a DVD or candy. And, I even could have walked around the lower east side after brunch and picked up a trinket or two.

But, I didn't. I guess it's good because that means that I have more money in my wallet. I guess...

I will tell you this though, snow makes not shopping a bit easier. It snowed today. Yep. SNOW. I mean, it is winter after all so it was bound to happen. But seeing the snow come down and the sky be all gray and what not made me want to hibernate and watch MTV all day. So that's what I did. Had it been sunny and more temperate I probably WOULD have gone to target (I have a gift card, OK?!) and gone shopping...

But because of the snow, I stayed in, took a nap, watched three episodes of 'Made' (why can't I stop watching 'Made'??!?!?! HELP! Except, don't help because it's a really good show and I probably want to keep watching it), ate some corn bread and then went over to Mara and Dave's for Mara's birthday celebration!


HI MARA!

oh, and hi dave. yeah, hey. um, what's new...yup yup yup. jk :)

and HI DEBBIE!

AND KATE (please don't call her Katie...we learned tonight that she hasn't gone by that since 7th grade)!

AND KRISTYN (I will see you in less than week! that's so awesome!)

AND ERIN

AND everyone else.

Goodnight Moon.

Goodnight Cow Jumping Over the Moon...

Anyway, next weekend might not be so easy. I might not have a birthday celebration to go to, and it might not be snowing so I might really, really, want to go shopping. Heck, I might even want to go shopping one day after work if I have a crappy day. But, one day at a time. This WILL get easier. bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Becky! This is a horribly late reply hello, but incredibly heartfelt. I've been up for a long time trying to decide if I'm in labor, and reading your blog is a wonderful way to pass the time!