Just kidding.
Those are how those 'Clue' books that I used to read started. I was talking about them with...basically everyone I talked to this weekend. Did any of YOU read them?
My friend Michelle probably didn't read them because she grew up in Ecuador and as far as I can tell they don't have literacy there. Who's this 'Michelle' character? you might be asking yourself or even me. Wait, are you talking to me? GOD (isn't this funny Michelle, because you're 'god' in my phone...jajaja). I can see your mouth moving but I'm really not hearing you say anything. It looks like 'BLA BLA BLA'...but you wouldn't really be saying that, right?
Michelle and I went to college together.
(here we are in Alexandria, VA senior year sharing my shawl)We lived on the same floor freshman year. We found a card when we were at CVS together one day that said 'On the sea of love we are soulmateys' (I read it to her, obviously)...and since then we've been soulmates. I visited her in her hometown of Quito, Ecuador turning our fling into a full-blown romance. My life, and hers, has never been the same.

(I definitely didn't draw that big CORAZON in there. The camera sensed our relationship and happily obliged us)
Michelle chatted me from her office in Ecuador a few weeks ago (ugh! I was in Israel for work for the past two weeks and didn't get around to finishing this before I left!!) and in her Spanglish (look, I'm sorry...but it's true) asked me why I don't blog about the things that we talk about. I couldn't understand her broken English words so I asked her what she meant. She said 'Becky, MI AMERICAN amiga...plees blog about yo!! y blog about our conversations. POR FA! GRAssy ASS'
I asked Michelle what we talked about and she said the following:
1. boys
2. outfits
3. stupid girls
4. advice
5. awkward situations
6. ur mom
7 gaidness
8. plans (mostly evil)
9. share views from office
10. midgets
HMM...I don't know if I agree with this list...
And also, YES...I just copied and pasted what she said (See what I mean about the Spanglish?? UGH...no I'm not talking about that bad movie with Adam Sandler. That would be 'Spanglish' and how would Michelle type to me in 'Spanglish'? wrap your head around that)
HMM...I don't know if I agree with this list...
And also, YES...I just copied and pasted what she said (See what I mean about the Spanglish?? UGH...no I'm not talking about that bad movie with Adam Sandler. That would be 'Spanglish' and how would Michelle type to me in 'Spanglish'? wrap your head around that)
I responded to Michelle's list and strongly assured her that I do, actually, talk about a lot of those things in my blog.
I have mentioned boys in here, and outfits (in fact, 'outfits' as a theme probably comprises about 20% of this blog's content) and stupid girls. You all have left comments, giving me advice on what I should or shouldn't write about (I really, really appreciate that by the way. I'm also really, really lying. SNAP!). Everything I say or do is awkward, so that's covered. I don't know whose mom Michelle is referencing in particular...but I've definitely talked about my mom in here.
I haven't talked about gaidness because even though it's funny, it's offensive and I don't want to offend my readers. I don't care about boring them or inciting anger in them...but to offend them? That would be crossing a line! Johnny Cash might walk the line...but I don't. Not me. Nope Nope Nope.
I don't think Michelle and I even have evil plans...so that confuses me. But, let's take a minute to consider my office view vs. Michelle's office view. Michelle works at the UNDP in Quito, Ecuador. Quito, Ecuador is a beautiful city located in the heart of the Andes mountains. It barely rains there...it's usually in the 70's. It's not enough that Michelle gets to live in Quito...but apparently she gets to look at it while she works to.
Check out her view:

I WAS SHOCKED and UPSET when this picture was e-mailed to me. Michelle, being the nice person that she is, laughed and told me that that wasn't even the GOOD window. Wait a second...she has more than ONE window? UGH!
Now let's consider the fact that I live in New York City---a place full of views.
Now let's see what I look at all day.
View 1:

View 2:

View 3:
.jpg)
This shiz sucks! T.S.S.!!! In conclusion, I don't know what this entry is about or if anyone is still reading.
GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM...
COMMENCING COUNTDOWN ENGINES ON.
Michelle, te amo y something else en el spanish. ciao!
2 comments:
But you get to look at Dhurata...where is her picture? She is lovely!
becks...i love u. and yes my english might be a little rusty...but how is ur spanish doing damn it!? I LOVE U BEEEEEEEEECY! (yes with no k)
Post a Comment