HM. That's interesting. NO, I mean I HEAR what Dave is saying...I guess the thing that just keeps coming up for me is that I don't care. No really, I don't. I LIKE MY LISTS and I am going to keep them!
That being said, what's up? Oh really? Yeah, I know...it's just crazy over there right now. Luckily I left when I did, you know?
Bla bla, so you've been reading (or have you?) and you know that I just got back from a 10 day trip to Israel. ISRAEL! WOOOOOOO. Yeah, it was great! And I'm sure you're curious as to what I actually DID while I was there. If I were you I'd be curious. I mean, it's fine if you're not curious but if I were you I would be. That's all. I care about you, but it's OK if you don't care about me.Things I did in Israel:
1) Rode on a BUS. YESSS! A bus! I know! Sometimes, when I'm in my room alone, late at night, and I let the voice that's in my head become loud and clear, and I think about what's missing in my life, I think about buses. I just don't get to ride on them enough. It's subway this and car that. But in Israel, the land of milk and honey, I got to ride on a bus. It was amazing!

2) Eat Bissli. Wow. Why is Bissli so amazing? I guess that's like trying to ask why I'm so amazing or why the Eiffel Tower is so big and shiny. It just is. And I just am. And it just is.
3) Your mom. OH SNAP! I bet you weren't expecting me to say something crazy like that! OK OK, I take it back. I didn't do your mom. She wasn't even IN Israel when I was there. Haha!
4) Ate a lot of Shwarma. It seems fitting that most of my Jewish trip to Jewish Israel was centered around food. Jews do like to eat lot. Luckily for my mind, but not luckily for my stomach, I was given the opportunity to eat a lot of Shwarma while I was in Israel. Meat carved from a big, you know, 'thing' and then shoved in a pita pocket with french fries and israeli salad and hummus (pronounced hoo-moose incase you're curious) is just delicious!

5) Made friends. Oh yes, I made some friends on my trip. ME? having FRIENDS? It seems crazy, but it's true. Granted, I was the trip leader and had some type of power (not very much power, but some power nonetheless) over the participants...so they might have felt obligated to be friends with me. But, I don't really care about that. Friends are friends (especially on facebook).
6) Stayed up. Yeah I didn't sleep a whole lot in Israel. But for some reason, until the last few days of the trip, I didn't feel too tired. Perhaps it was the crack I was smoking?

7) Went to Jerusalem. Jerusalem if I forget you...something something...doo doo doo doo. You know that song? By Matisyahu? Yeah, I don't really like him either but the song's pretty god. Whoops, I mean GOOD not God. What am I thinking?!
8) Gave 'the look'. Yes, I did. I didn't even know I could give 'the look' to people. I didn't even know that people EVER paid attention to me. And yet here's some documentation of me giving one of my participants a look of 'don't fuck with me/what do you think you're doing?').

9) Climbed through caves. It was GREAT! Especially when my pants almost fell down in front of everyone. That was extra special.
No comments:
Post a Comment