Considering the fact that I'm a college educated person, who earned good grades, and comes from a 'smart' family (both my parents are/were teachers, everyone in my extended family has gone to college), there are a lot of things I don't understand.
So that's what I'm going to write about today: things I don't understand.
Here's something I've wondered about since I was a kid (aka something I haven't understood for 15 years or so...which is weird since I'm only 12):
1) If you throw a ball up while you're sitting in a car, like straight up into the air, how come, since the car is moving forward, the ball doesn't land in another part of the car. Like, if you throw a ball straight up while you're in the front seat, and the car moves while the ball's in the air, how come the ball doesn't land in the back seat? I think this has something to do with physics, but I never took physics so...
2) People who snore (*co(KATEKATEKATE)ugh*). Snoring is really annoying. If you snore, why not do something about it? Also, what exactly causes snoring? I could probably google this but I don't want. Besides, I'm really busy at work today making Kristyn's Valentines Day card.
3) Why people don't understand me. I think I'm really easy to understand. I usually repeat myself for one thing, so if you don't understand what I'm saying the first time around you have the opportunity to hear me repeat myself. Also, my jokes usually relate to previous conversations I've had with people or popular TV shows/songs. What's not to understand about that?
4) What the phrase 'stat' means. 'Becky, please fill out this form and send it back to me STAT'-what? Why not A.S.A.P.? Or, 'quickly', or 'as soon as you can' or 'now bitch'? What's STAT?
5) calling STATISTICS 'stats'? I think that sounds stupid. If you're abbreviating 'statistics' why add the extra 's' sound? That's like abbreviating PSYCHOLOGY 'psychy' instead of just 'psych'. Stupid.
6) 90% of the people that call me at work. Or for that matter, 90% of the people at work.
The callers: don't tell your life story, please. Don't start off our conversation with your 'valued israel supporter' number. And don't ask me for random Jewish things. Just because I work at a Jewish place doesn't mean that I know: where bagel places are, where a Jewish person living in the US can find a job, who a good Jewish lawyer in Minnesota is, etc.
The coworkers: I don't think I want to go into it here. But everyone in my office is really interesting (Debbie, I actually mean interesting in a negative way here...), though for the most part nice. So, YAY.
7) My mom. How can she relate to Angela in 'My So Called Life'?! Angela's 15 and my mom's 29 (obviously my mom isn't really 29...but I can't call her out like that)-how can my mom, a grown adult, with kids, and a job, relate to whiny, self-deprecating, poorly-dressed teenager like Angela? Actually...
8) Why Stacy London (from 'What Not To Wear'-duh!) says orange and blue go well together. For the METS, yes. For anyone else, no.
9) Why Stacy London (see above) says black and brown DON'T go well together. They do!
10) Why people think Seinfeld is so funny. It's alright. George/Jerry/Kramer/Elaine are kind of annoying. In real life, they're the people at the party who stand by the punch bowl glancing around the room because no one's talking to them. In real life, people like that don't, or shouldn't, have friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment