Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things I'd like to buy

We're nearing 4:00 on this fine, cold, Thursday afternoon. I'm sitting at my desk with an open bag of saltines that I'm too full to eat right now...but will probably finish in 5 minutes. I'm going to make some delicious tea that my roommate gave me three days ago...I'm thinking about what I want to do after work.

But none of that's fun. So instead, let me think about things that I want to buy but shouldn't/can't really afford.

**author's note** I didn't finish writing this yesterday so I'm picking up on Friday morning, 8:40 a.m. I'm wearing all neutral colors waiting to DIG IN to my egg & cheese bagel sandwich that I just bought. I'm going home to Connecticut in a few hours...

Now you're updated and now I can finish this entry.

Things I'd like to buy:
1) A case for my ipod. So, I think I started blogging after I got my new, beautiful, silver, shiny, ipod. It's so shiny...I love it! It has all my music and TWO videos on it. I'm working on converting movies to put on my ipod too. Oh. And my ipod is called baby like the TLC show 'Bringing Home Baby' because that's how I felt when it arrived from amazon.com at work. Anyway, baby needs a case because she/he/it is getting scratched up in my purse/pocket/wherever I end up putting her/him/it. But I love her/him/it and I don't want to happen. If I could find a case and cover baby, then this wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe I'd like one of these cases:


(this one looks like a little guy-hehehehe!)

2) New sneakers. I actually have 3 or 4 pairs of sneakers but I don't like any of them that much. I had a pair of black converse that I loved and wore in Paris and my senior year of school but they got all holey and I couldn't wear them anymore. I still think converse look adorable but do I want to get a new pair of sneakers that I KNOW will get holey and fall apart? Shouldn't I make a better investment? And I bought a pair of really cool ASICS tigers last year. I love them too. They go with everything and make me feel trendy and hip. But they also are worn down and the soles are falling apart. So now I'm in the market for new sneakers-what am I going to do? I need a style of sneaker that fits my style but is also affordable and durable (these NYC streets don't mess around!). Oh, and probably comfortable.

Here are a few styles that I'm looking at:



(Yes. I want GRAY sneakers because they match everything. And also, I might really want pumas even though they're more money because)
(I haven't had a pair of ADIDAS since 8th grade...but they're cute, no?)

3) Clothes. I always want new clothes. It doesn't matter if I've just been shopping, or have no money, or am currently in a store buying clothes. I want more! I'm insatiable! If I need pants one week and go out and buy pants, then the next week I'm convinced that skirts are actually more comfortable and not only am I never wearing pants again but I need all new skirts too! Ok, I might be exaggerating but whatever. Anyway, If I had some extra ca$h right now, I'd like to buy some new clothes.

Here are some things I would buy:
(Apparently I'm really into belted things. Apparently oldnavy.com has a really easy to use and STOCKED website!)

Now I'm getting lazy but I would also like a jean skirt (how do I NOT own one already?!), and some new flats, and some cardigans.

4) A new pair of TEVA flip flops. I could easily get this right now. It's in my price range and probably will be cheaper now because it's not spring yet. But yet...
5) Christian Dior 'Pure Poison' perfume. (CAN SOMEONE JUST BUY THIS FOR ME ALREADY?! I mean not to sound whiny but this is getting to be ridiculous.)

6) Flight of the Conchords on DVD. I could also afford this right now...but...awkward. I'm going outlet shopping with my mom today so I can't buy this because I'm probably going to buy other things today...I only make so much money! Is that a legitimate excuse? Probably not.

7) A cat. I really miss my cats...awww. I'm going home so I'll see them today-hooray! But what about next week when I come back to the city and they're not with me? And what about the week after that? And what about the entire month of April? I won't have my cats with me then! I need to buy a cat!

(Look at how much fun we'd have together!)

On this weird note, I'm going to end for today. This is just taking too long. I'll probably come back and edit this later because I really do want to buy more things...and I shouldn't let my laziness interfere with my reading public knowing what to get me if they want to buy me presents.

Have a good day everyone!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Why don't you just burn the flight of the conchords from Erin, I'm sure she'd be kind enough to let you (or maybe I am not sure). I am so disturbed by that picture.

Kristyn said...

haha. i want to buy lots of stuff too, but different stuff. i have a list of stuff i want to buy and i think about it all the time, but i pretty much have no money. i want: clothes, paint for my house, an electroducha (so i dont have to take cold showers anymore), a cooking pot, shelves, an exercise ball, new running shoes, a new laptop, and a new ipod.