Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some thoughts on fight club/hitting people in the face

Hello Everyone! All 8 of you (yes I finally got google analytics up and working)

Before I start off this entry I'd like to show you all my latest print screen:

OMGz...look at those puppies! I heard about this website feed with puppies from a pet store last week but I didn't have the HONOR of actually seeing it until yesterday when Melissa posted the link on her gchat status.

You can just watch the puppies play all day long. Not that you would while you're at work or anytihng. I mean 'all day long' in your free time, when you don't have other responsibilities or anything.

Here's the link if you want to check the video feed out: http://cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/4/viewer.45.swf?cid=317016.

Now with the puppies out of the way, let's talk about fight club.

I've talked about fight club with some of you, I'm sure of it. Or maybe I haven't. If I have, this might be redundant and I'm sorry. You can go check out the puppy link instead of reading this...I don't want to bore you or anything. If you haven't heard me talk about fight club then let's get this show on the road!

I would like to be in a fight club. I think this desire is hypothetical because I don't tend to fight people, or look people in the eyes if they're angry at me. But for some reason, the idea of just hitting people and pounding their faces into the pavement intrigues me. The idea of being in a fight club brings up a lot of questions for me, like: I wonder how much pain I would be able to take, and what my face would look like after a good beating?


Would I last for an hour, like my life depended on it? Or, would I just fall to pieces and cry and beg for mercy ('you've got me begging you for mercy....why won't you release me???') and cry some more after 5 minutes?



I think about the people that would watch me fight, and what my signature move would be. Would I be a scrappy fighter, going for the face and eyes? Or would I be a fighter that goes below the belt? Would I kick more or punch more? Am I a Chun Lee from streetfighter 2, for example, or a blanca?
???

What are my skills as a fighter?

In addition to flat out fighting, in recent days, I've been thinking about bitch slapping. People who bitch slap other people don't seem to rehearse their moves. They don't have to think about where their hand will land once they decide to aim it at their nemesis' face. But, what about me? I'm uncoordinated and can barely walk sometimes. I fall over on the subway while the doors are still open...before it's even moving. If someone were to assault me or just really, really, really piss me off...how would I know how to bitch slap them? Is there someway you can practice?



I guess if I really wanted to I could draw a picture of a face and put it on my bedroom wall and practice hitting it. But a still face drawn and then taped on a bedroom wall isn't the same thing as a real human face, a real human face that's just insulted you enough for you to want to hit it. People move and dodge things and are just kind of unpredictable...so how, if I decide to slap someone on their face, can I really know how to position my hand and which part of the face to aim for?

Is there someone with experience in this area who can help me out? Erin?


Thank you for your time. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

Erin Elan said...

we shall have lessons. once a week until you become a skilled bitch-slapping, fight-clubbing machine of the mastery class.

fin.

Deb said...

Come on, the first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club.

Who says that? said...

maybe the first rule of MY fight club will be: no DEBBIES in fight club!

OH SNAP! WHAT?! I SAID IT! YEAH! AND I'M NOT TAKING IT BACK!

Jason said...

wait, why was it me used as an example of someone getting slapped in the face? What did i ever do?